WEST MANATEE FIRE RESCUE DISTRICT
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES
PROJECT NAME: Administrative Office
PROJECT LOCATION: 701 63rd Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34209 REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The West Manatee Fire and Rescue District is accepting Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) from firms for architectural and engineering services to plan and design a new 5,000 sf administrative offices on 1.89 acres.
The applicant must be properly licensed and qualified to perform work in the State of Florida at the time of application. If a corporation or similar entity, the applicant must be registered by the State Division of Corporations to operate in Florida at the time of application. The individual or firm must maintain their licenses and qualifications in good standing throughout the project.
The selection will be made from all firms that respond to this invitation and in accordance with Section 255.20, Florida Statutes. Firms interested in consideration for this project must submit as follows:
- Letter of Interest stating what project is being applied for
- Completed Form RFQ#1 for all firms or RFQ#2 for joint applications
- Resumes of all key personnel
- State of Florida corporate registration certificates and professional licenses for allfirms
- Proof of general and professional liability insurance, including a minimum of $1,000,000 Worker’s Compensation coverage for all firms
- List of five (5) client references including name, title, phone number, and project identification
- A listing of previous projects
- Current volume of work and number of projects
- Statement of computerized capabilities
- Statement of additional projects
Submit six (6) copies of SOQs by mail to West Manatee Fire and Rescue District, P.O Box 14028, Bradenton, FL 34280 prior to the deadline of September 11th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Hand delivery to 6510 3rd Ave. W., Bradenton, FL 34209, East Side of Building, 2nd Floor. No mail to this location. Package should be labeled “SUBMITTAL FOR FIRE Administrative Offices – ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES – TIME SENSITIVE – DELIVER IMMEDIATELY TO ADDRESSEE.”
Information packages are available at www.wmfr.org. For further information, contact Chief Tom Sousa at 941-761-1555 or (redacted)
Question and Answer (This will be updated as additional questions are recieved.)
- Will there be a pre-proposal meeting for interested firms? NO
- Is there a deadline for asking questions? NO
- Disregard checklist item # 7, page 7 list of previous fire stations constructed not required and will not be Scored.
- Admin building replacing the previous 11,000 sq. ft. facility
- Projected budget for project $1.1 Million
- Workers Compensation exemption will be accepted by sole proprietors firms.
- Should Civil and Planning Design Services be included as a component of the RFQ YES
- Will RFQ#1 be available in a Word document format? Yes
- Has there been any Programming or Conceptual Site Planning completed which would be available to review. Preliminary Site Plan attached, WMFR Site Plan
- Will the District be going through a similar RFQ process for the Contractor or will the delivery method be Bid? Bid
- Storage building on the site plan shall not be part of the project.