Special District Requirements
Website Requirements for West Manatee Fire Rescue
Website Content Requirements
At a minimum, each special district must post the following information on its official website, please click on any link for information:
- General Information:
- Full legal name – West Manatee Fire & Rescue District
- Public purpose – Information contained in legislation.
- Boundaries / service area – please click for legislation.
- Services provided – Information contained in legislation.
- Charter / creation document – Information contained in legislation.
- Statute or statutes under which the special district operates – Information contained in legislation.
- Date established – Information contained in legislation.
- Establishing entity – Information contained in legislation.
- Contact Information:
- Mailing address – 6417 3rd Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34209
- e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number – 941-761-1555
- Website address – http://wmfr.org
- Registered agent – Thomas J. Sousa, Fire Chief
- For each governing body member: – Commissioners
- If applicable, the appointing authority (county, municipality, Governor, etc.) – Not applicable
- Revenue Information: – 2015-2016 Adopted Budget, Legislation, Budget Resolution, Fire Assessment Certification
- Taxes, fees, assessments, or charges imposed and collected.
- Rates or amounts for the current fiscal year.
- Statutory authority for the levy of the tax, fee, assessment, or charge.
- General Financial Information:
- Fiscal year period – October 1 – September 30.
- Tentative budget – Tentative 2015-2016 Budget Tentative Budget 2016-2017
- Final adopted budget – 2015-2016 Adopted Budget 2016-2017 Adopted Budget
- Budget amendments, if applicable –
- A link to the following page on the Department of Financial Services website so the public can view the special district’s Annual Financial Report – Annual Financial Statements
- If required, the final, complete audit report for the most recent completed fiscal year, and audit reports required by law or authorized by the governing body of the special district – Annual Financial Statements
- Code of Ethics, if adopted
- A link to generally applicable ethics provisions (visit the Florida Commission on Ethics website and select “Ethics Laws”)
- If Applicable, Defined Benefit Retirement System or Plan Information (excluding the Florida Retirement System), as required by Section 112.664, Florida Statutes – Reporting standards for defined benefit retirement plans or systems – West Manatee Fire & Rescue District is a member of the Florida Retirement System and CH175 Pension Plan. Pensions