WEST MANATEE FIRE & RESCUE DISTRICT
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER AT RISK
PROJECT NAME: Administrative Office
PROJECT LOCATION: 701 63rd Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34209
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The West Manatee Fire & Rescue District is accepting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) from construction management entities to build a new 3,800 sf administrative office building on 1.89 acres.
The applicant must be properly licensed and qualified to perform such work in the State of Florida at the time of application. If a corporation or similar entity, the applicant must be registered by the State Division of Corporations to operate in Florida at the time of application. The individual or firm must maintain their licenses and qualifications in good standing throughout the project.
The selection will be made from all firms that respond to this invitation and in accordance with Section 255.103, Florida Statutes. Firms interested in consideration for this project must submit as follows:
- Letter of Interest stating what project is being applied for
- Completed Form RFQ#2020-02
- Resumes of key personnel
- State of Florida corporate and professional registration certificates and licenses
- Proof of general and professional liability as well as worker’s compensation insurance all with a minimum of $1,000,000 coverage
- List of five (5) client references including name, title, phone number, and project identification
- List of previous fire stations constructed
- List of other construction projects
- Statement of computerized capabilities
- Current volume of work and number of projects
Submit six (6) copies of SOQs by mail to West Manatee Fire and Rescue District, P.O Box 14028, Bradenton, FL 34280 prior to the deadline of January 7th, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Hand delivery to 6510 3rd Ave. W., Bradenton, FL 34209, East Side of Building, 2nd Floor. No mail to this location.
Package should be labeled “SUBMITTAL FOR FIRE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES – CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – TIME SENSITIVE – DELIVER IMMEDIATELY TO ADDRESSEE.”
Information packages are available at www.wmfr.org. For further information, contact Chief Ben Rigney at 941-201-7811 or (redacted)
- What is the budgeted construction costs for this project? $882,500
- Are there a set of plans for this project? The design of this building has not yet begun. The district will soon meet with Hall Architects, who were selected and approved by the board on November 19th.
- Site Visit – Do we only schedule this if shortlisted or do we need to schedule it prior to our submission? You are welcome to schedule a site visit at any time. This site visit will not be considered for the shortlisting, but will be considered for the Board Evaluation.
- For the qualifications, page 1 states “#7. List of previous fire stations constructed”, but on the checklist it states ”#7, A list of previous administrative offices constructed.” Do we focus on fire stations, or administrative projects? Please focus on the list of previous administrative office buildings constructed.